Hello My Dear Friends
I am so excited to share that we have our very first Susan's Garden Designer Challenge up on the ECD blog .Don't forget to visit the blog to check out the amazing work of design team.
I created a birthday card using the new released GN Peony 2 die and other dies from Susan's Garden.
Have a look!!!!!!!
Here's how i created this card.
- Swipe distress ink - fossilized amber, mermaid lagoon and weather wood on a craft mat and place watercolor paper on top of it.
- Cut watercolor paper into 2 x 1 inch pieces.
- Cut white cardstock 6 -1/4 x 9- 1/4 inch and arrange pieces of watercolor paper ( 2 x 1 inch ) on top of it with 3D tape as shown in the pic.
- Die cut Soft Finished Cardstock with Oriental Card die , cut it into half and overlap the edges as shown in the pic.
- Position on card as shown.
- Cut Soft Finished Colored Cardstock Mustard - 6-1/2 x 9-1/2 inch and layer white cardstock on top of it.
- Cut Black Cardstock 13-1/2 x 9 - 3/4 ,score at 6-3/4 and fold. Layer the Soft Finished Cardstock Mustard on top of it.
- Die cut Soft Finished Cardstock with Garden Notes Peony 2 .Color the leaves with distress ink moved lawn and peeled paint.
- Die cut Soft Finished Cardstock with Garden Notes Ivy vine and color with distess ink moved lawn and peeled paint.
- Color the petals with distress ink milled lavender , seedless preserves, dusty concord. Shape the petals and flowers with Susan's Tools ,Embossing Pad and Leaf Pad.
- Paste twigs with Kids choice glue on the card base as shown.
- Stamp happy birthday sentiment from General Sentiment Clear Stamp on pieces of white cardstock and arrange as shown in the pic (Optional apply clear glitter for some shine).
- Die cut Soft Finished Cardstock using butterfly die from Garden Notes Fairy - Rose Petal , Sponge with distress ink milled lavender in the center and seedless preserves on the edges.Paste on card as shown( optional place black beads in the center of the butterfly).
- Arrange the flowers and leaves as shown .
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a Susan's Garden Prize Pack which includes: Garden Notes Square Window & Flower Box, Sunflower 2 and an All Metal Tool Kit to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us "What is your favorite flower from the Garden Notes collection?”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced onon the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.